There are many people that deserve to be apart of a list called the Greats. But two that come to mind, mainly cause I have recently seen their movies, is Bill Murray and Steve Martin.
These two have seriously paved the way for many comedians. The have truly gone above and beyond in their field. Especially when you look back on movies they've done, where they didn't have all the special effects and large budgets for many. What they did was give you an experience with a character.
I say this too because I have recently revisited some old movies of the two that really reminded me of these things.
Bill Murray in "Caddyshack" and "Ground Hog Day" were simply great. For being two different types of roles, yet both taking the characters to above and beyond levels. And let's just say watch after the credits in "Zombieland" and it will just bring you back.
As for Steve Martin I recently watched "The Jerk" also he did a small introduction for a best of Monty Python. In "The Jerk" he keeps his composure while revealing drastic emotions. And even the introduction for Monty Python is just classic prop humor that is done great.
But the one thing you get out of watching these guys is pure enjoyment. Plus I laughed my ass off. How else can you wrong with that. If anything out of all of this, just watch one of their movies and enjoy. You sure won't regret it like "Garfield."
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment